Tired of suffering from dull, dry hair and lifeless locks galore? An ideal solution might lie closer than you think — maybe even in the humble form of a protein shake.
We kid you not — protein therapy might just be what your hair needs to recover and renew itself. After all, the indisputable key to healthy hair is enough nutrients to keep it fresh, glossy, and positively thriving. With that being said, protein treatment becomes even more necessary if you’re planning on dyeing your hair or exposing it to some chemicals — it will keep it strengthened and nourished and minimize damage to it whilst you freely explore your options.
Unfortunately, protein treatment can be costly outside of your own home. Which is why we at Swarni have put together some simple home remedies below as manageable alternatives.
#1 Banana, Honey And Coconut Oil:
This remedy might sound sinfully delicious — but be aware it isn’t meant for eating! We’ll take you through all the steps, from making to applying.
- Mash up 3 overripe bananas. Alternatively, you can chop up and drop them in a powerful blender.
- Add 2 tablespoons of raw honey and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil into the blender.
- Blend it for 15-20 seconds or until it becomes a thick, creamy paste.
- Assess the thickness; if it appears just a tad too thick, add water according to your discretion.
- Separate your hair in segments and start applying the mask from root to the tips of your hair.
- Massage a few dollops of the mix into your scalp.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and elevate your feet for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse the mask out with warm water.
- Wash as usual with your preferred shampoo and conditioner.
- Condition your hair amply.
- Finally, air dry your hair. Please refrain from using a hair dryer!
#2 Avocado And Mayonnaise Protein Hair:
Even if you aren’t a fan of the hipster avocado food wave, you can always use it to treat your hair the best you can.
- Put a peeled and pitted ripe avocado in a bowl. Then, mash it until it turns up a smooth and creamy texture.
- Add 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise and continue mixing until it forms a smooth paste.
- Coat your hair with this mask from the roots to the tips. Proceed to massage it mildly.
- Additionally, you can use a wide-toothed comb to spread the mask out a little more evenly.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap for 30 minutes.
- Thoroughly rinse out the mask with warm water.
- As usual, wash your hair with your preferred shampoo.
- Again, pay mind to condition your hair!
- Finally, air dry your hair (again, no hair dryers are to be used in this recipe)!
#3 Egg And Yogurt Protein Mask
This recipe utilizes the most commonplace of ingredients — you could even safely find them in your own home kitchen!
- Beat an egg in a small bowl.
- Add 6 tablespoons of plain curds and mix everything up evenly.
- Apply the mask to your hair. Ensure that the tips of your hair are covered while you’re doing it.
- Put on a shower cap and wait for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it out with cool water.
- Wash your hair with your preferred shampoo.
- Again, remember to condition your hair after!
- Finally, let your hair out to air dry.
Home treatment is better than no treatment. Try these simple-yet-stellar remedies at home to bid your dry hair goodbye.